On Fri 08/Nov/2019 14:39:27 +0100 Petrit Hasani wrote:
> The Discussion Period for the policy proposal 2019-04, "Validation of
> "abuse-mailbox"" has been extended until 09 December 2019.
>
> This proposal aims to have the RIPE NCC validate "abuse-c:" information more
> often, and introduces a new validation process that requires input from
> resource holders.
>
> You can find the full proposal at:
> https://www.ripe.net/participate/policies/proposals/2019-04
>
> We encourage you to review this proposal and send your comments to
> <anti-abuse-wg@ripe.net>.

Rather than doubling the frequency, I'd try and ease reporting.  It is not
immediate to find how to report a bad abuse address.  ARIN puts the inaccuracy
reporting URL right in the RDAP response.  Wouldn't RIPE do the same?

The form should accept an NDN message along with the RDAP URL which points to
the bad abuse address.  Consistency checks can be easily automated.

Checking reported addresses is more effective.  After all, the reachability of
an abuse email address is as important as the number of complaints originating
from the relevant range of IP addresses.

Best
Ale