In message <e7d0097b-68ea-be04-039b-1135cd802...@foobar.org>,
Nick Hilliard <n...@foobar.org> wrote:

>Ronald F. Guilmette wrote on 03/01/2020 23:50:
>> Well, RPKI quite certainly beats the hell out of the nothing that we have
>> had in its place for lo these many years now.
>
>having used irrdb prefix filtering in production for many years, I
>respectfully disagree.

All I can say is that if RADB is or has been one of your data sources,
then you have been relying on data that is quite often (and demonstratably)
wrong.

I won't argue your other points, since you clearly know one heck of a lot
more about these things than I do.  I will only reiterate that RPKI, or
at least my understanding of it, appears to be way better than basing
routing decisions on a data base where any charlatan can inject anything
he wants, any time he wants.

Regards,
rfg