Hi David

Thanks for the feedback.

- UN GGE:

The 2015 group came up with a consensus report:
https://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=A/70/174

The 2017 failed. Personally I think, because the rising tensions in the
global political climate, but that's another discussion. And I feat the
current GGE as well as the OEWG will face the same fate. These are not
good times for international state agreements. I completely agree with
your assessment here.

Re RIPE: I guess so.

But if RIPE is seen as representing the community, than it should be ok
for RIPE to enforce the community view.

It was said here before: If we fail as an informal community here, than
others will take this into their hands, and that will likely no procude
a better result.

Best
Serge

--
Dr. Serge Droz
Chair, Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST)