As abuse notices might have legal effect, a company could state they will only
accept them by fax, or with registered mail.

A webform, for a regulator, most likely will be seen as an 'upgrade'. Note that
FB and Google also *only accept* complaints, notices etc via webforms. So one
can argue a webform is abuse@ 2.0 :)​ So I do not share you view that a webform
is a second rate instrument for accepting abuse notifications.

As for ECD/DSA that will most likely be subject to lobby forces beyond our
imagination, so anything is possible there ... ​--
IDGARA | Alex de Joode | a...@idgara.nl | +31651108221 | Skype:adejoode