Sorry for being late to the party...

On Sun 21/Feb/2021 03:44:07 +0100 Cynthia Revström via anti-abuse-wg wrote:
If the hosting company provides a web form, they can have a field where they explicitly ask for the offending IP address. This report could then automatically also be sent to the customer in question, because we shouldn't assume the customer is malicious, they might just have a bad config that made them a relay for example.

Would they send such report using their customer's own web form?

The right thing to do would be to arrange for the abuse mailbox address to point (in)directly to the actual user of the IP address. Yes, doing so requires some work too, but heck aren't we paying for that already?

Best
Ale