Hi Michele

Yes you can allow any customer with an assignment to have their own
abuse-c contact. But the database query will only return a single
abuse contact for any IP address. If the assignment object has an
abuse-c then a query on any IP address in the range of that assignment
will only return the customer's abuse contact details. If an
assignment does not have an abuse-c then such a query will return the
resource holder's abuse-contact details. A query will not return both
the customer's and the resource holder's details.

However, this can be changed if the community wants something
different. We can make abuse-c a multiple attribute so the resource
holder can add the customer's and their own abuse-c to an assignment.
Or we can change the default behaviour of the query so when an abuse-c
is found in an assignment it always returns the resource holder's
abuse-c as well. Or we can add a new query flag to return both abuse-c
details when available. Or we can modify the abuse-c attribute in some
way so the resource holder can choose what a query returns.  Any
behaviour is possible as long as you define what behaviour you want
and the community finds it useful.

chears
denis
co-chair DB-WG