On Sun 07/Apr/2024 20:33:28 +0200 Gert Doering wrote:
On Sun, Apr 07, 2024 at 01:44:45PM -0400, John Levine wrote:
If you care about rDNS, you need to find a better ISP that meets your needs. Then tell the old one why you left.

That seems to be a problem in Italy these days - few ISPs offer IPv6 at all, so finding one that does IPv6 *and* rDNS seems hard.

(In Germany, there's competition on the ISP market, but I'm not sure there are many that actually delegegate out /48s - and I'm not sure how many of those that do provide reverse DNS actually permit customers to put in records of their choice, and not just auto-generated PTRs)

I counted 2101 lines in the Italian LIRs page[*] and 4302 in the German one[†] (including ~20 lines of header/ footer).

Unfortunately, those lists say nothing about what kind of services each ISP does. I wonder if filling those tables with attributes that would be useful to prospect customers is something that RIPE members want RIPE to do...

Best
Ale
--

[*] https://www.ripe.net/membership/indices/IT.html