From: anti-abuse-wg <anti-abuse-wg-boun...@ripe.net> on behalf of Westermaier,
Andreas <a...@overturn.de>
Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 13:07
To: anti-abuse-wg@ripe.net <anti-abuse-wg@ripe.net>
Subject: [anti-abuse-wg] IP Range Flagged as VPN/Proxy by Amazon Prime
Video/Disney+/Netflix
[EXTERNAL EMAIL] Please use caution when opening attachments from unrecognised
sources.

Dear members,

recently, our customers have been unable to stream content from Amazon Prime
Video, Disney+ and possibly Netflix, receiving the error message:

"Your device is connected to the internet using a VPN or proxy service. Please
disable it and try again."

We have confirmed that no VPN or proxy services are being used within our
network (we operate the IP addresses from our own AS). We suspect our IP range
(a whole /22!) might have been mistakenly flagged by the content delivery
networks of these streaming services (or third party blacklist providers).

Did anyone deal with this problem before and can steer us in the right
direction on resolving this issue or how to get in contact with the streaming
or blacklist provider?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Andreas Westermaier