Now a NEWSWEEK investigation has shown that U.S. intelligence cooperation
with Croatia went far deeper than Washington has ever acknowledged. According
to Miro Tudjman, son of the late president Franjo Tudjman and head of the
Croatian counterpart to the CIA in the mid-1990s, the United States provided
encryption gear to each of Croatia’s regular Army brigades. He says the CIA
also spent at least $10 million on Croatian listening posts to intercept
telephone calls in Bosnia and Serbia. “All our [electronic] intelligence in
Croatia went online in real time to the National Security Agency in
Washington,” says Tudjman. “We had a de facto partnership.”

http://www.msnbc.com/news/616111.asp