Turkish Daily News
August 25, 2001

Kivrikoglu commence his visit to Azerbaijan today
As Turkish Chief of General Staff Gen. Huseyin
Kivrikoglu commenced a two-day official visit to Baku
today accompanied by 10 F-16s warplanes amid the
continuing tension between Azerbaijan and Iran due to
the status of the Caspian Sea, the Turkish Air Force
aerobatics team, Turkish Stars, performed a 22 minute
show on Friday before their second display at the
graduation ceremony of the Azerbaijan War School to be
held today. Top level figures such as Azeri President
Haydar Aliyev and Kivrikoglu will be present at the
ceremony. Gen. Kivrikoglu's visit which was originally
scheduled to begin on Friday was rescheduled to begin
on Saturday due to security concerns. Kivrikoglu will
return to Ankara early Sunday.
Meanwhile, on the same day, a group of volunteer
motorists, led by American Journalist Thomas Goltz,
have set off with a barrel of petroleum and one of
natural gas in order to support the
Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan petroleum pipeline project (BTC)
and Shahdeniz projects.
The Turkish aerobatics team is the only one in the
world to put on shows with seven supersonic jet planes
and so gets invitations from all over the globe to
display its talents.

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/