Title: Message

Macedonian PM says NATO arms figures are laughable

SKOPJE, Aug 25 (AFP) -

Macedonian Prime Minister Ljubco Georgievski said Saturday that NATO plans to collect only 3,500 weapons from ethnic Albanian rebels were laughable.

"We have information that the terrorists have more than 70,000 weapons and the number that NATO is presenting of 3,500 is laughable," Georgievski told journalists in Skopje.

NATO and Macedonian government officials have been holding talks since late Friday to try to come to an agreement over how many arms the rebel National Liberation Army should hand over to be destroyed.