William Mandel's comments re. "NATO Invades Macedonia"

>From :     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To :    "Nancy A. Hey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject :    Re: NATO INVADES MACEDONIA
Date :      Sat, 25 Aug 2001 10:50:35 -0700

Macedonia is essential to the pipeline that is to carry Caspian-area oil
across Bulgaria  and westward to the Adriatic after having been brought
across the Black Sea by tanker to a Bulgarian port. That is the reason for
the "NATO" action (read U.S.), as it was for the Kosovo War. This is also
why "NATO" has announced a number for total arms in Albanian rebels' hands
that is a ridiculously low fraction of the truth. The point is that the
country of Albania, plus the Albanians of Kosovo and Macedonia, are regarded
as the bulwark for protection of the pipeline, in exchange for which a port
in Albania is to be the Adriatic terminus of the pipeline. Transit and port
fees will give it money, and the Kosovo and Macedonia Albanians are presumed
to be beneficiaries to some degree. After all, where did all those arms in
the hands of the Macedonian Albanians suddenly come from?
                                                 William Mandel