Just three comments;-

The British invented, or rather refined Atrocity
propaganda in Aug. 1914, the Belgium Atrocity Stories
being classics of the genre.

Northcliffe had formed his Political Warfare
Department ( pyschological warefare) for just such at
task.
It was crucial in order to get british public opinion
to accept the war. People don't realise Britain very
nearly remaining neutral and the Liberal Party,
(Liberal government at time) essentially being
Isolationist
Also to get America into the war.
Incidently Big Bertha was not built until two years
later, and the story was they burnt down the Louvain
medieval library.

There are the gravest grounds to suspect the American
bombing of Belgrade in April 1944, to get rid of
Partisan prisoners held by the Germans and frighten
the inhabitants. THe American OSS. still clung to the
scheme of putting Mihailovic and his Partisans in
power, after the British had dumped them. certainly it
was no accident.

Dresden was intended to be the target for the BOMB, it
but wasn't ready in time. It wasn't intended for Japan
at all, but for Germany.
But conventional Strategic Bombing was meant to show
the Russians to watch out at the Peace Conference.

RR.

--- Francisco Javier Bernal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

=== message truncated ===

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/