Saludos desde Puerto Rico,

The US Navy has just admitted that the maneuvers that have taken place on
Vieques since April of 1999 have cost it $10 millon dollars more a year than
those that took place before that date.  They have also admitted that they
have had to curtail their activities on the island.  These added costs
include materiales to replace the fence, civilian guards and federal
marshalls pay.  They say nothing of the delays that have been caused when
demonstrators make it on to the firing range and the Navy has to stop its
fire.  Sometimes it does not and the demonstrators have to shoot up flares
and put big signs on the range so they Puerto Rican observers can see them
and insist that the Navy stop its bombing.

On September 24th the Navy starts a new round of bombings that will last 28
days.

If anyone would like to help us out.  You might write to the Navy people that
are in charge of the Vieques issue in Puerto Rico with your objections.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ruth Diaz), [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Carlos
Pinero),[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Francisco J. Rodriguez CAPT),
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Carmelo Melendez LT), [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Robert N. Skinner CDR)

Mayaguezanos con Vieques