Powell says allies are 'obliged' to help if there is military action -
Ananova

US Secretary of State Colin Powell says a strong alliance of countries is
coming together to respond to the terrorist attacks on New York and
Washington.

He says it is important to target not just terrorists but those who help
them and make their acts possible.

He also says if there is to be any retaliatory action, NATO should be a part
of it.

Secretary Powell said: "It is important not just that we go after terrorists
but after terrorism.

"We have to make sure we get terrorism by the branch and root. It's a
scourge and it must be brought to an end. We have to go after the nations
who give support and shelter to these people."

He said it was too early to talk of military action, but said, if it came to
that, NATO should be involved: "There is an obligation for our allies to
assist if we do this, not necessarily in the attack, but in getting
fly-through space or whatever."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_397075.html