---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 12:37:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Franklin Wayne Poley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [LIFE-GAZETTE] Re: [iinn-l] ACT FOR PEACE: TAKE ACTION TO PREVENT
    WAR AND VIOLENCE

Ghandi's philosophy was also quoted on Counterspin a couple of nights
ago. Even while President Bush echos Pope John Paul II and calls for a
"Culture of Life" in those words, US foreign policy continues to be
abysmal. I watched another interview with the leading Imam in Nigeria
who said Bin Laden is a folk hero with the common people THROUGHOUT the
one billion strong Muslim world. Why? Because he is seen as standing up
against US STATE TERRORISM AND GENOCIDE which is US foreign policy. Bin
Laden is a Muslim Robin Hood. The myth is greater than the reality and
that myth will continue stronger yet, even if Bin Laden is killed.
Do you remember when an arrogant Bill Clinton told North Korea that if
they developed nuclear weapons, "That is the end of your country"? As the
bully-coward of the global village he didn't issue that threat against
India or Pakistan. This statement was bullying, cowardly, genocidalist,
hateful and just plain WRONG yet it was typical of the US attitude toward
other countries of the world when it comes to foreign policy.

Where is the US "Culture of Life"? In the 1970's Illinois Institute of
Technology architecture professor Peter Land led a team of 13 eminent
architects from 13 countries to design a model village in Peru called
PREVI. Charles Correa from India (Chief Architect of a city-built-anew,
Navi Mumbai) was on that team. Navi Mumbai was originally 250,000 and it
is now > 1,000,000. The US could now build a pollution-free, economically
self-sufficient city-village plus surroundings for the UN...a PREVI on a
bigger scale, the scale of Navi Mumbai. CTV News ads keep telling us
32,000 children die every day from hunger-related diseases. Such a city,
designed so as to be within the budget of any UN member would prevent such
a terrible thing from happening. The participation of the Muslims who are
now Bin Laden's support base would redirect their presently justifiable
animosity toward the US. From Aghanistan to Iraq to Libya to Indonesia and
Nigeria, this city would be for them as PREVI was meant for them.

Otherwise, take heed, President Bush. Your country's foreign policy
created the fertile ground for hate and desperation. Your country's media
kept the crop of hatred growing by slamming traditional Islam with their
ongoing, self-righteous and bigoted propaganda. You have truly reaped
what you have sown. Could it be a blessing in disguise? Your cowardly,
self-aggrandizing tele-evangelists like Graham, Falwell and Robertson will
never tell you this because they are liars and cowards. But the Sept. 11
horror is a signal of 1,000x worse to come if you do not act with wisdom
and compassion. CNN told us last night that 4,000,000 people are killed
every year by diseases borne by just one carrier, the mosquito.
Do not expect an airplane or missile filled with mosquitoes to fall from
the sky. You have no way of stopping "the death of America by a thousand
cuts". No way of detecting a small release here and there until millions
are dying. Over 10-20 years how can you stop that except by a positive
alternative in a Culture of Life/City of Life? Meanwhile, as STEALTH
BIOWAR is going on, the portable nuclear weapons will be prepared for your
cities. The more you keep the present hate and genocide of your country
going in its foreign policy the more likely it is you WILL be annihilated.
Please transform your foreign policy completely with a Ghandi-like
philosophy or, to quote Bill Clinton, THAT IS THE END OF YOUR COUNTRY.
If you are the force for "good" in a war against "evil" as Senator McCain
said this week, you had better prove it. Time is running out.

FWP

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Priya Shah wrote:

>   ACT FOR PEACE
>
>   TAKE ACTION TO PREVENT WAR AND VIOLENCE
>   "Violence breeds violence...Pure goals can never justify
>   impure or violent action...They say the means are after
>   all just means. I would say means are after all everything.
>   As the means, so the end....If we take care of the means
>   we are bound of reach the end sooner or later."
>   - Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
>
>   For years India has been subject to terrorist acts by groups
>   similar to those that attacked the World Trade Center on
>   September 11, 2001. It is in our country's best interest to
>   see that those groups do not go unpunished.
>
>   But war is not the solution. Already the Taliban has vowed
>   to take revenge if it is attacked. Where will the violence end?
>
>   America and Americans are not in the mood to listen to those
>   that call for restraint in these trying times. Yet we need the
>   voice of reason to be heard right now. Indians have always
>   supported the cause of non-violence, and that support is
>   needed now even more than ever to guide the world towards
>   a rational response to these acts of terror.
>
>   An act of violence by a group of madmen does not condone
>   another, especially one by the world's most powerful nation
>   against an entire nation or people.
>
>   We have put up some eActions you can take to pressure the
>   US Government from declaring war and retaliation. Please click
>   on the buttons to support each of the actions and add your
>   voice to the cause of peace.
>
>   Let the guilty not go unpunished, but as civilised people, we
>   must ask Americans to act in a rational and calculated manner,
>   not in the heat of the moment.
>
>   Act for peace now:
>   http://www.makingindiagreen.org/actforpeace.htm

>   Read a new article by award-winning developmental journalist,
>   Devinder Sharma:
>   "Basmati patent: Let us accept it, India has lost the battle"
>
>   Click here:
>   http://www.makingindiagreen.org/devinder2.htm

>   Join the Movement to Make India Green:
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]