----- Original Message -----
From: Party of Citizens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: STOP NATO! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 9:55 PM
Subject: Re: Twin Towers, by Andrej Tisma (www.tisma.net) [WWW.STOPNATO.ORG.UK]

>Can anyone explain how a tower hit at the corner would fall 1-2 hours
>later in a perfect demolition manner (straight down)? How would the
>aircraft fuel manage to get distributed so consistently all over that
>layer of the building so as to weaken all of the vertical red iron to
>the same degree at the same time? Why didn't it collapse "lop-sided"?

    As we saw in the video clip the actual impact of the
    plane had virtually no effect on the tower at all.

    Even the explosion of the fuel had little or no effect
    either - at that point the tower remained 99% intact.

    What led to the collapse of the tower was of course
    the heat generated by the comparitively slow burning
    of the unburnt fuel on perhaps just one story.

    As could be seen in the clip the plane shredded as
    it entered the building leaving many of the vertical
    building supports intact. The fuel too which was also
    travelling at several hundred miles per hour entered
    largely through the window frame openings.

    At a certain temperature concrete begins to 'pop'
    and tiny fragments are thrown off the surface.
    This is due to gasses being created from the cement
    in the concrete mix exerting pressure.

    Since the fuel carried on burning for a period of time
    then millions of small fragments flew away from the
    concrete pillars and eventually revealed the steel
    reinforcment rods inside the vertical pillars.

    Eventually the steel rods themselves would have
    warmed up, perhaps not melted away but heated
    enough for bending to take place once the concrete
    support had dissipated.

    The only support for the building lay in its shell and
    a central pillar with no supportive partition walls inbetween
    which suggests that the vertical supports in the shell
    and the central pillar may have all heated up fairly
    uniformally.

    Any slight bending of one of the verticals would have
    increased pressure on all the other verticals.

    The upper 50 stories of the building remained perfectly
    intact and weighed some 50, 000 tons and once
    enough verticals around a single floor had bent enough
    the upper block began to move downwards and the
    ceiling of one stories collided with its own floor.

    The initial speed of this decent may not have been extremely
    fast, perhaps 100 feet per second but a solid
    block weighing many thousands of tons colliding with
    the floor is enough to distort all the vertical
    pillars beneath it even though they were cold and still intact.

    In this way the solid block of upper 50 stories shunted
    its way story by story downwards to the ground floor.

    At this point the lower stories of the upper block began
    collapsing in exactly the same way until the 110 story
    collapsed into the 109 story.

    Concretely,

    Bill.