At the risk of overstating the obvious, most of these slogans are culled from the
literature of Ayn Rand.

The reference below pertains to Rand's repudiation of Marx's theory of labor in
favor of the notion, popular amongst the labor aristocracy (especially computer
geeks), that 'intellect' is the source of all value (labor simply receiving what
it would normally get had not the geniuses come along to rescue humanity with
their clever inventions).

'IT,' anyone?

Barry