Reuters. 23 December 2001. Report: Bin Laden's Mother Says Attack Video
a Fake.

LONDON -- Osama bin Laden's mother was quoted in a British newspaper on
Sunday as saying she believes a videotape of her son, which the United
States says proves he had prior knowledge of the September 11 attacks,
was a fake.

"I believe the evidence against him is not solid. I think the video they
produced is doctored," Alia Ghanem was quoted as saying by the Mail on
Sunday tabloid in an interview conducted by a Saudi journalist.

"The voice is unclear and uneven. There are too many gaps and the
statements are very unlike him," she said.

The Mail on Sunday said Ghanem was interviewed last week for the paper
by Saudi journalist and bin Laden family friend Khalid Batarfi, the
editor of Saudi newspaper Al Medina.

Ghanem said she was convinced her son was not responsible for the
attacks but feared he would be killed before his name was cleared.

"Osama is too good a Muslim and too good a person to say or do what the
script of the video suggests he said and did," she said.

"But I don't agree with everything he says and he knows that. I pray to
Allah that he will live until the truth is revealed."

Bin Laden's current whereabouts is a mystery with no reported sightings
of him for more than a week.

Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf said on Saturday there is a strong
possibility that bin Laden was killed in the U.S. bombing of the Tora
Bora mountains in eastern Afghanistan.

Barry Stoller
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProletarianNews