BBC. 5 January 2002. Taleban leader 'escapes capture.'

Mullah Mohammad Omar, the spiritual leader of the collapsed Taleban
regime, has escaped to an unknown location, Afghan intelligence official
Nasratullah Nasrat said.

Mullah Omar, was believed to be hiding in the mountains around Baghran
in Helmand province, about 160 kilometres (100 miles) north-west of
Kandahar.

"The team we had sent to Helmand province to hold talks with pro-Taleban
commanders reported to us that Mullah Omar has escaped from Baghran and
the whole province of Helmand," Mr Nasratullah said.

Unconfirmed reports say that Mullah Omar escaped with four fellow
Taleban members by motorbike.

Barry Stoller
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProletarianNews