Ananova :

Teenage crash pilot had 'sympathy' for bin Laden
=================================

The teenager who crashed a small plane into a Florida skyscraper wrote a
note expressing support for the September 11 terrorist attacks.

Tampa Police Chief Bennie Holder says Charles Bishop also wrote of his
sympathy for Osama bin Laden.

But he added there is no evidence that the 15-year-old had any links to
terrorists.

Chief Holder says Bishop also wrote that he acted alone.

"Bishop can best be described as a young man who had very few friends and
was very much a loner," Chief Holder said. "From his actions we can assume
he was a very troubled young man."

Bishop crashed the Cessna 172R into the 42-story Bank of America building in
Tampa after taking off without authorisation and ignoring signals to land
from a Coast Guard helicopter that pursued the plane. He was killed.

Investigators on Sunday interviewed the family of the student pilot and say
they will search his personal computer for evidence.

Story filed: 21:46 Sunday 6th January 2002