Blair has more incentive to put a "humanitarian" mask on what he does. He
comes from a party which was once considered left-wing, though in my view
the British Labour Party has always supported imperialism (not without some
hesitation and internal conflict at times). Also he has a role to play as a
"soft cop" for GWB's "hard cop". But he's still a cop.
Imperialism and capitalism need their sanctimonious creeps as well as their
"John Wayne" types. There is a good French expression to describe someone
like Blair. He is a "faux Jesus".

Steve K.