Ananova. 27 January 2002. Cheney says White House not obliged to give
information to investigators.

US Vice President Dick Cheney says he will not give congressional
investigators a list of business leaders he met.

He says it would harm his ability to receive advice in the future.

Investigators looking into the Enron collapse want to know who he met
when formulating an energy policy.

In question are meetings Mr Cheney or members of his energy task force
held with officials of Enron while the policy was being formed last
year.

Mr Cheney says his office has given investigators numerous financial and
other records.

Speaking of the demand for a list he told Fox News Sunday: "Now, that
would be unprecedented in the sense that that's not been done before.
It's unprecedented in the sense that it would make it virtually
impossible for me to have confidential conversations with anybody."

David Walker, head of the General Accounting Office, the investigative
arm of Congress, is deciding whether to file a lawsuit to force the
administration to turn over the information.

Such a lawsuit would be the first against the White House.

Barry Stoller
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProletarianNews