AFP. 11 March 2002. Turkish Kosovar farmer tells of deportations at
Milosevic trial.

THE HAGUE -- The war crimes trial of Slobodan Milosevic entered its
fifth week on Monday with testimony from two witnesses detailing
killings and deportations allegedly committed by Serb forces in Kosovo.

Saqir Thac, a farmer of Turkish descent, told the court that Serb
soldiers set fire to 30 homes in his village of Mamusa, killing seven
people.

"The army came and set fire to our houses and drove us away from our
homes, it was the Yugoslav army that did this," he alleged.

Milosevic looked relaxed during the farmer's testimony, leaning back in
his chair.

Milosevic told the court that the Serbian army was in Mamusa as part of
its operations agains the ethnic Albanian Kosovo Liberation Army (UCK).

The former Yugoslav president said the UCK had set the fires in the
village and spoke of attacks launched by the UCK against Serbs living
around Mamusa.

Barry Stoller
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProletarianNews