http://www.bartcop.com/flight93.htm
Catching the FBI in a Big Fat Lie

On September 11, 2001, United Airlines Flight 93 crashed into a
reclaimed strip mine in
Somerset County, Pennsylvania.  According to the FBI, the aircraft
impacted intact after an
apparent struggle in the cockpit between determined terrorists and
equally determined passengers.

The FBI released this photo shortly after the crash.

The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection released this
photo a few days later.

The pattern of impact is consistent with an aircraft with significant
lateral movement,
a "fan" pattern where debris is blown in the direction the aircraft was
headed.  [see this PBS link:]
Debris found two and eight miles from the crash was explained by this
"splatter" effect, bolstered by
winds reported in the area at the time.  The effect of the wind can be
seen in the burned trees as well.

NOAA records indicate an average windspeed that day of between 7 and 8
knots, with a maximum sustained
windspeed of 13 knots.  This jibes with the FBI's contention that the
debris was carried by the wind.

Except....

Look at this photo of an SR-71 crash in 1967.  Faithful Bartcop
readers know I'm intimately familiar with this crash.

The grass in this farmer's field is similar to that replanted in
stripmine reclamation projects.
Windspeed at the time of this accident was recorded as 15 knots.  As you
can see, fire from the
wreckage was spread through the grass by the wind.  You can clearly
determine the direction
of the wind by the way the fire spread.  Just like the FBI and PDEP
photos.

Except....

In order to put the photos in perspective, I obtained DOQ (Digital
Orthophoto Quadrangle)
imagery from the USGS of the Pennsylvania site, as a "before"
comparison.

This showed two important things.  First, that the impact indeed occured
on the border between
flammable grassland and equally flammable forest.

Second, and much more importantly, it showed me which way was north.
Something the other photos oddly enough didn't bother to indicate.

Clearly, the photos from the FBI and PDEP show a fan pattern which
indicates
an aircraft movement south, as well as a wind blowing towards the south.

Had it been blowing another direction, the grass would have caught fire.

The debris the FBI contends was blown by the wind was found several
miles to the north and east, near Indian Lake.  In other words, to get
there
from the impact, it would have to have flown 2 to 8 miles against the
strong wind.

This means simply that the debris separated from the aircraft before it
hit the ground,
the result of an in-flight breakup of some kind.  There are several
possibly causes for this.

The debris could simply have been dropped from the moving plane.
This is unlikely, as a 757's doors are constructed with the "plug"
model, which is
to say they only open inward - an impossible feat when the aircraft is
pressurized.

A bomb detonation within the fuselage is equally unlikely, considering
the size of the
impact crater.  The Pan Am flight which exploded over Lockerbie was
spread out
over 100 square miles.  In addition, Ashcroft's FBI (who of course we
implicitly trust)
told us there was no evidence of bomb material in the wreckage.

The third, and most likely cause, was a minor but fatal explosion of an
engine, which
could rip the fuselage and cripple the plane but not cause it to
necessarily drop like a stone.

Given the situation, in the most likely culprit in an engine explosion
would be an air-to-air missile,
which would home in on the engine's heat output, and not have enough
high explosive in its
warhead to vaporize the entire aircraft (flight93crash.com cites the
Korean 747 the USSR
shot down in 1983 as an excellent example of this).

That last is speculative;  the information before it is not.
The Department of Defense may know more than it is telling,
but the FBI is simply lying.

************
http://www.flight93crash.com/flight93_eyewitness.html
Latest Update
Summary

Links
Flight 93 Eyewitness Accounts

Crash Witnesses Accounts:

"I heard like a boom and the engine sounded funny," she told the Daily
News. "I heard two more booms - and then I did not hear anything."

What does Temyer think she heard? "I think the plane was shot down,"
http://dailynews.philly.com/content/daily_news/2001/11/18/local/SHOT15C.htm

"It came in low over the trees and started wobbling," said Tim
Thornsberg, a resident of Somerset County, who was working near an old
strip mine when he saw the plane.

"Then it just rolled over and was flying upside down for a few seconds
... and then it kind of stalled and did a nose dive over the trees. It
was just unreal to see something like that."
http://www.pittsburgh.com/partners/wpxi/news/flightheroes.html

Eric Peterson, 28, was working in his shop in the Somerset County
village of Lambertsville yesterday morning when he heard a plane, looked
up and saw one fly over unusually low.

The plane continued on beyond a nearby hill, then dropped out of sight
behind a tree line. As it did so, Peterson said it seemed to be turning
end-over-end.

Then Peterson said he saw a fireball, heard an explosion and saw a
mushroom cloud of smoke rise into the sky.
http://www.post-gazette.com/headlines/20010912crashnat2p2.asp

“I saw the plane flying upside down overhead and crash into the nearby
trees. My buddy, Doug, and I grabbed our fire extinguishers and ran to
the scene,” said Blair.
http://www.dailyamerican.com/disaster.html#3

Eric Peterson of Lambertsville looked up when he heard the plane. "It
was low enough, I thought you could probably count the rivets," Peterson
said. "You could see more of the roof of the plane than you could the
belly. It was on its side."

"There was a great explosion and you could see the flames. It was a
massive, massive explosion. Flames and then smoke and then a massive,
massive mushroom cloud."
http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/news/100028703529429109.xml

“Normally I wouldn’t look up, but I just heard on the news that all the
planes were grounded and thought this was probably the last one I would
see for a while, so I looked up,” she said. “I didn’t see the plane but
I heard the plane’s engine. Then I heard a loud thump that echoed off
the hills and then I heard the plane’s engine. I heard two more loud
thumps and didn’t hear the plane’s engine anymore after that.”
http://www.dailyamerican.com/disaster.html#3

"We didn't hear that plane coming until it was right on top of us," she
said. "Then there was a roar." She said the plane appeared to be gliding
into the ground. "All at once it just stopped. There was no engine
noise, nothing. Someone hollered, Oh my God!' and then there was a real
loud thud."
http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/news/100028703529429109.xml

Shortly after 10 a.m., workers on farms and scrap yards in Somerset
County looked up to see an airliner flying low and erratic at an
estimated 450 mph.
http://www.dailyamerican.com/disaster.html#3

Bob Blair of Stoystown was driving a coal truck on state Route 30 when
he saw the jet plummet "straight down." Barn windowpanes for half a mile
around shattered as the jet dived into a reclaimed strip mine and
exploded at 10:10 a. m.
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2001/09/17/MN40630.DTL

A witness told WTAE-TV's Paul Van Osdol that she saw the plane overhead.
It made a high-pitched, screeching sound. The plane then made a sharp,
90-degree downward turn and crashed.
http://newsandviews.tripod.com/news/091101tv2.html

Bob Blair was completing a routine drive to Shade Creek just after 10
a.m. Tuesday, when he saw a huge silver plane fly past him just above
the treetops and crash into the woods along Lambertsville Road.
Blair, of Stoystown, a driver with Jim Barron Trucking of Somerset, was
traveling in a coal truck along with Doug Miller of Somerset, when they
saw the plane spiraling to the ground and then explode on the outskirts
of Lambertsville.
“I saw the plane flying upside down overhead and crash into the nearby
trees. My buddy, Doug, and I grabbed our fire extinguishers and ran to
the scene,” said Blair.
http://www.dailyamerican.com/disaster.html

Another witness, Michael Merringer, said he was out on a mountain bike
ride with his wife, Amy, about two miles from the crash site.

"(I) heard the engine gun two different times," he said. "(I) heard a
loud bang and the windows of the houses all around rattled."
http://www.pjstar.com/news/worldtrade/g34835a.html

Larry Williams, a former state police trooper who is now a private
investigator, was golfing on the 17th green at Oakbrook Golf Course
about eight miles away when he heard the engines “roar real loud and
shut off.”
http://www.dailyamerican.com/disaster.html#3

"We got the call about 9:58 this morning from a male passenger stating
that he was locked in the bathroom of United Flight 93 traveling from
Newark to San Francisco, and they were being hijacked," said Glenn
Cramer, a 911 supervisor.

"We confirmed that with him several times and we asked him to repeat
what he said. He was very distraught. He said he believed the plane was
going down. He did hear some sort of an explosion and saw white smoke
coming from the plane, but he didn't know where.

"And then we lost contact with him."
http://www.post-gazette.com/headlines/20010912crashnat2p2.asp

Meanwhile, investigators also are combing a second crime scene in nearby
Indian Lake (2.5 miles from main crash site), where residents reported
hearing the doomed jetliner flying over at a low altitude before
"falling apart on their homes."

"People were calling in and reporting pieces of plane falling," a state
trooper said. Jim Stop reported he had seen the hijacked Boeing 757 fly
over him as he was fishing. He said he could see parts falling from the
plane.
I lost this link.. but since the witness name is there I've left it up.

Some witnesses reported that the plane was flying upside down for a time
before the crash; others said they heard up to three loud booms before
the jetliner went down.
http://www.post-gazette.com/headlines/20010912crashnat2p2.asp

"There was no way anything was left," Pluta added. "There was just
charred pieces of metal and a big hole. The plane didn't slide into the
crash. It went straight into the ground. Wings out. Nose down."

Bits of metal were thrown against a tree line like shrapnel, said state
police spokesman Trooper Thomas Spallone of Troop A in Greensburg.

"Once it hit, everything just disintegrated," he said. "There are just
shreds of metal. The longest piece I saw was 2 feet long."
http://www.mypittsburghlive.com/mypittsburghlive/scripts/editorial.dll?render=y&eetype=Article&eeid=5245814