Hi ,

I flatenned the first translation to fit more closely the original text
in french...

on 10/4/02 18:16, Richard Roper at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> HTTP://WWW.STOPNATO.ORG.UK
> ---------------------------
>
> Can someone please supply an English translation?
>

> --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> HTTP://WWW.STOPNATO.ORG.UK
>> ---------------------------
Here it comes. Though the text mainly comes from babelfish I checked its
accuracy and looks more or less ok.

Cheers!

> Conference of Thierry Meyssan under the auspices of the Arab League

Who financed the attacks of September 11?

> We reproduce below the text of the conference held by Thierry Meyssan,
> April 8, 2002, in the Zayed Centre, Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates),
> under
> the auspices of the Arab League, in the presence of the diplomatic corps
> and
> of the international press. This intervention was followed by questions
> and
> answers which are in the course of transcription and translation.
>
> Your Majesty, Excellencies, Mesdames, Messrs,
>

> As of the first minutes which followed the first attack against World
> Trade
> Centre, officials suggested at the press that the sleeping partner was
> Oussama
> Ben Laden, the paradigm of Eastern fanaticism. A little later the very
> new
> director of the FBI, Robert Mueller III, listed by names nineteen
> kamikazes and
> required all the means of his agency and of intelligence services to
> track
> their accomplices. The FBI never proceeded to such an investigation, but
> co-ordinated a man-hunt  that took, on the eyes of the American
> public, the pace of an Arab-hunt. So much, that some excited indivuduals
> attacked, even killed  Arabs whom they naively regarded as collectively
> responsible for the attacks.
>
> There was  no investigation of the Congress. This one gave up exerting
> its constitutional function at the request of the White House, allegedly
> not
> to threat the national security.
>
> There was neither investigation of the press. This one was convened in
> the
> White House and was summoned to abstain from any investigation in order
> not to harm the
> national security.
>
> If we analyse the attacks of September 11, we notice initially  that
> they are
> vaster than recognised in the official version:
>
> 1) We know only the implication of four planes, whereas it has been
> question of eleven planes. Moreover, the examination ofcases of crime of
> insider trading,
 in margin of the attacks, shows bear speculations on three aviation
> companies: American Airlines, United Airlines and Royal KLM Deutch
> Airlines.
>
> 2) We did not integrate the attack made into the dependencies of the
> White House,
> Old Executive Office Building (known as " Eisenhower building ").
> However, the
>station ABC diffused on line, the morning of September 11,  the images
>of a
> fire devastating the services of the presidency.
>
> 3) We either did not take the measurement of the collapse of a third
> building
> in Manhattan, independently of the  Twin Towers. This third building had
> not been
>stroken by a plane. It also was however devastated by a fire before
>breaking
> down in its turn, following an unknown cause. This building sheltered
> the
> principal secret base of the CIA in the world. This base devoted its
> means to
>  economic intelligence to the detriment of  strategic information
> and larged the dam of the lobby military-industrialist.
>
> If we consider the attack made on the Pentagon, we note that the
> official
> version is an enormous lie.
>
> According to the Defence Department, a Boeing 757, which one had lost
> the
> track above Ohio would have flown 500 kilometres without being traced.
> It
> would have entered the airspace of the Pentagon and would have descended
> on the
> lawn from the heliport, would have rebounded on this one, would have
> broken
> its right wing against a power generating unit, would have struck the
> frontage
> on the level of the ground floor and of the first stage, would have
> entirely
> engulfed itself in the building, and would have been entirely consumed
> there, leaving as remainders only two unusable black boxes and fragments
> of
> bodies of the passengers.
>
> It is obviously impossible that a Boeing 757 can escape during 500
> kilometres
> from the civil radars, the military radars, the fighters launched to its
>tail, and with the observation satellites which had been just
> activated.
>
> It is also impossible that a Boeing 757 enters the airspace of the
> Pentagon
> without being destroyed by the five batteries of missiles, which protect
> the
> building.
>
> When one observes the photographs of the frontage, taken in the few
> minutes
> which followed the attack, before even  the civil firemen of Arlington
 have time to deploy, one observes no trace of the right wing on fire in
> [...]
> Afghanistan, one tries to make believe that he would have been turned
> over and
> would have become the public enemy n° 1 of the United States. This fable
> does
> not resist, it either, with the analysis. The French daily newspaper, Le
> Figaro, revealed that last July, Oussama Ben Laden was hospitalised at
> the
> American hospital of Dubai, where he accepted noteworthy the visit of
> the
> head of post office the CIA. American chain CBS revealed that, September
> 10,
> Oussama Ben laden was under dialysis at the military hospital of
> Rawalpindi,
> under the protection of the Pakistani army. And international reporter
> French,
> Michel Peyrard - who was a prisoner of the taliban- told how Oussama Ben
> Laden
> lived openly in Jalalabad, in November, while the USA bombarded other
> areas of
> the country. Moreover, can one believe that the largest army of the
> world come
> to stop it in Afghanistan did not reach that point, while mullah Omar
> would
> have escaped with the American armada while fleeing with a scooter?
>
>According to the elements I have just presented to you, it appears
> that the attacks of September 11 are not ascribable to foreign
> terrorists
>  from the arabo-Moslem world  - even if  certain performers may be
> Muslims -, but to American terrorists.
>
> Shortly after the attacks of September 11 2001, Resolution 1368 of the
> Security Council of the United Nations recognised " the  inherent right
> individual or collective self-defence in accordance with the Charter "
> and
> stipulated: " the Security Council invites all the States to work
> together to
>bring to justice the authors, organisers and sleeping partners of these
> terrorist attacks and stresses that those which take the responsibility
> help, support and lodge the authors, organisers and sleeping partners of
> these
> acts will have to return accounts ".
>
> If one wishes to answer the call of the Security Council, to apply
> Resolution
> 1368 and to punish the real guilties, the only means of identifying them
> with
> precision would be to constitute a board of inquiry, whose independence
> and
> objectivity are guaranteed by the United Nations. It would be also the
> only
> means of preserving international peace. While waiting, Your Majesty,
> Excellence, Mesdames, Messrs, the military actions outside the United
> States of America are deprived of legitimate base in international law,
 those recent actions in Afghanistan or actions planned in