AFP. 12 April 2002. IMF says ready to assist new Venezuela
administration.

WASHINGTON -- The IMF said Friday it stood ready to assist the new
administration in Venezuela following the collapse of former president
Hugo Chavez's government.

"We stand ready to assist the new administration in whatever matter they
find suitable," International Monetary Fund spokesman Thomas Dawson told
a regular news conference.

An IMF mission visited Caracas in December and a small team was there
now as part of an annual review of the economy, Dawson said. "We would
hope that these discussions can continue with the new administration,"
he added.

The IMF regretted the loss of life in Venezuela, the Fund spokesman
said.

"Obviously we are concerned about the human developments down there, the
loss of life and so on," Dawson said.

Venezuela does not rely on any IMF economic program.

Barry Stoller
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProletarianNews