   BELGRADE, April 14 (AFP) - Former Yugoslav army chief of Dragoljub
Ojdanic has agreed to surrender to the UN tribunal in the Hague to face
charges of war crimes committed in Kosovo, the Beta news agency reported
Sunday.
   The agency quoted Ojdanic, 60, as telling a Serbian-language
newspaper published in Germany that he would go before the UN court
following the adoption by Yugoslavia's parliament last week of a law
setting down terms for cooperation with the tribunal.
   "At any moment I expect to receive a court summons from the
International Criminal Tribunal in the Hague. With tranquility and
dignity I will respond to the summons and go to The Hague," he was
quoted as saying.
   "I waited for a word from people, in other words for a law on
cooperation with the tribunal to be adopted," he said.
   "Departure to the Hague is now my legal obligation, demanded by the
state and the people, as was the case when I had to defend the country
from the aggression" of NATO, Ojdanic added, referring to 1999 NATO air
attacks which forced Yugoslav troops from Kosovo.
   Ojdanic is one of about 15 former senior Yugoslav political or
military officials indicted for war crimes by the UN tribunal but still
at large.
   Former Yugoslav president Slobodan Milosevic was turned over to the
tribunal last year and is currently on trial in The Hague.
   Ojdanic has recently lashed out at the Yugoslav supreme military
court for failing to prove or reject the accusations against him brought
by the UN tribunal in May 1999.
   "I am not afraid of my responsibility, because I know it does not
exist," the fugitive general said at the time.
   Earlier this month Ojdanic reportedly met at his own request with the
US ambassador at large for war crimes issues, Pierre-Richard Prosper,
who was in Belgrade to pressure local authorities to transfer indicted
war crimes suspects.
   After much heated debate, the Yugoslav parliament approved on
Thursday a bill on cooperation with the UN tribunal, paving the way for
the first transfers of indicted suspects by the end of this month.
   The United States has made the surrender of war crimes suspects a key
condition for unblocking badly needed development aid to Belgrade.
   Just hours after the law's adoption, former Serbian interior minister
and a co-accused with Ojdanic, Vlajko Stojiljkovic, shot himself in the
head outside the Yugoslav parliament. He died on Saturday.