AFP. 25 April 2002. UN war crimes court nets biggest catch since
Milosevic.

THE HAGUE -- Former Yugoslav army chief Dragoljub Ojdanic surrendered to
the UN tribunal Thursday, the most senior war crimes suspect to be
turned over for trial since former Yugoslav president Slobodan Milosevic
last year.

The former general, charged with war crimes and crimes against humanity
committed in Kosovo, arrived at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport on a
regular flight from Belgrade and was promptly transfered to the
tribunal's prison facility outside The Hague.

"He is certainly the most senior military official to have been
transfered" by Belgrade, tribunal spokesman Jim Landale told AFP.

He said Ojdanic would make his first appearence in court on Friday at
2:30 pm (1230 GMT).

Before leaving Belgrade on a Yugoslav Airlines flight accompanied by his
wife and his lawyer, the retired general said he was setting out to
prove his innocence.

"I have nothing to be ashamed of and my conscience is absolutely clear,"
Ojdanic said in a TV interview late Wednesday.

Ojdanic refused to say whether he would testify against Milosevic.

Barry Stoller
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProletarianNews