http://www.ananova.com/yournews/story/sm_580446.html
Brothel locks doors after sailors exhaust prostitutes

An Australian brothel shut its doors for only the third time in eight
years after US sailors exhausted its prostitutes.

Langtrees brothel in Perth had taken 580 bookings since three US
warships docked there three days ago.

Its owner Mary-Anne Kenworthy says the sailors were stressed after
carrying out operations in Afghanistan and sexually agitated after
being at sea.

She says they tired out her workers leading her to shut up shop rather
than risk the brothel's reputation.

She added: "I would not sell a man a hamburger if I thought my buns
were stale. I have always offered a quality service.

"If that level of service is not being offered because the girls say
they are too tired then I'll close the doors.

"Some of the girls were taking the money without offering a quality
service. I don't care if it's a Yank's money, your money or Joe Bloggs
money, everyone deserves value for their dollar."

Ms Kenworthy says some prostitutes would have made up to $7,000 (about
£2,564) in three days as a result of the Navy-led boom.

The West Australian says Millennium Eve was the last time Langtrees
locked its doors.

Story filed: 18:35 Thursday 2nd May 2002

=====
Lake Merritt Neighbors Organized for Peace.  Weekly peace walks around Lake Merritt in
Oakland.  Starts & ends at the colonnade between Grand & Lakeshore Avenues, 3 P.M.,
every Sunday.  Info:  (510)763-8712, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or http://www.webwm.com/LMNOP

http://health.yahoo.com