Silverstein works (ed?) for Newsday and was (is?)there with that creature who started the Yugoslavia demonization campaign,  Roy Gutman. If UNOCAL is that unimportant, how come he doesn't mention Karzai's connection with it, that is that he was thier consultant?

Does it make a big difference whether a pipeline pipes oil or gas?? There's more natural gas in the former USSR than  anywhere on earth. If they are not up for developing the pipeline these days, that has more to do with the decline in the world economy, which is a great deal more serious than the "crash of 2002," on the stock markets, and has a WHOLE lot more to do with global overcapacity, or "overproduction. " (That's a very cynical word to use when billions of people are starving, homeless, landless  and jobless.)

So Ken Firestone is doing his homework, denouncing "conspiracy theorists" and intimating that the US went to Afganistan to help the poor.

My take is he's just like his pal Gutman, and working for the disinformation- meisters.
HC