Dear Kole,
                 I absolutely defer to you on any and
all questions pertaining to the African continent, but
it's been my understanding that the two Western bases
of attack against the - legally elected - government
of Liberia have emanated from Cote d'Ivoire and
(Portuguse) Guinea-Bissau.
Am I wrong?
If the first is in fact the case, am I to assume the
attacks were backed by the central government -
presumably a member of the French Community - or from
Western-supported rebel-held areas?
Also, I presume you've read about massive petroleum
reserves established near Sao Tome and Principe, where
the Western powers are now extending their military
presence?
The latest estimate I'm familiar with is that the US
currently obtains 15% of its crude oil from West
Africa, which suggests that this area has its role to
play in US/Western war plans in the Near East.
Your perspective?
Appreciatively,
Rick

http://finance.yahoo.com