http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,5252935%255E1702,00.html

Peacekeeping mission extended

>From correspondents in Brussels
October 09, 2002
News.com.au

NATO has decided to extend the term of its
peacekeeping mission in Macedonia for almost two
months until December 15.

The move follows a request from the government of the
former Yugoslav republic.

The mission, dubbed Amber Fox, involves a 700-strong
NATO force commanded by the Netherlands and had been
due to end on October 26.

NATO secretary-general George Robertson announced the
extension to a European Parliament committee in
Brussels.

"We will extend Amber Fox until the 15th of December
pending a full decision by the Dutch government," he
said.

http://faith.yahoo.com