http://www.seeurope.net/en/Story.php?StoryID=32651&LangID=1

Seeurope.net
October 8, 2002

NATO Is Committed To Close Relationship With Macedonia
No Matter Of The Decision In Prague

The US Permanent Representative to NATO, Nicholas
Burns, reiterated Tuesday that no matter what decision
will be made in Prague about Alliance enlargement,
NATO will remain committed to a close relationship
with Macedonia.

"We don't know yet what decision the NATO leaders will
make in Prague about which of the countries desiring
NATO membership will be selected. But we did talk with
the President Trajkovski that no matter what the
decision is, NATO remains dedicated to a continuing,
strong, active, and co-operative relationship with
Macedonia", Ambassador Nicholas Burns, US Permanent
Representative to NATO said to the press in Skopje
after the meeting with Macedonian President Boris
Trajkovski.

A ten-person US NATO delegation, headed by Ambassador
R. Nicholas Burns, United States Permanent
Representative to the NATO paid a fleeting visit to
Skopje earlier today as part of the delegation's tour
of the nine NATO aspirant countries.

"The decision on whether or not Macedonia becomes a
member of NATO is going to be made by 19 individuals,
President George Bush and his colleagues, the heads of
government of NATO countries. They will meet together
on November 21st in Prague and have a discussion and
make that decision. I will say this... I think it's
very clear to us that Macedonian leadership, President
Trajkovski and all the other political leaders want to
have a future with NATO. That' is what we want as
well. No matter what happens in Prague - even if the
decision were to be positive or negative - the fact is
that NATO will remain committed to have a relationship
and our long term ambition would be to integrate
Macedonia into the basic institutions of Euro-Atlantic
community, NATO and EU", Burns said, quoted by Makfax
agency.
http://www.seeurope.net/en/Story.php?StoryID=32727&LangID=1

Seeurope.net
October 9, 2002

MACEDONIA: NATO To Extend The Amber Fox Mission
Mandate Until December 15

NATO Secretary General George Robertson confirmed
Wednesday that the Alliance would extend the mandate
of the Amber Fox mission in Macedonia until December
15.

Robertson said that the decision for extension of the
mission ought to be made official and confirmed by the
Dutch Parliament, which took over the command over the
mission in Macedonia from Germany by the end of June.

The current mandate of the Amber Fox mission, which
includes less then 1,000 soldiers, expires on October
26.

On Tuesday, Macedonian President Boris Trajkovski in a
letter addressed to Robertson asked the NATO mission
in the country to be extended until December 15,
reported MIA agency.

http://faith.yahoo.com