[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fed-Up Viewers Say, “No More Lies!”
People Smash Their TVs at NBC Studios

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
March 2, 2003

Fed-Up Viewers Say, “No More Lies!”
People Smash Their TVs at NBC Studios

WASHINGTON, DC - Early Sunday morning, a group
of disgruntled television viewers calling themselves
“Meet The People” disowned their television sets in
front of NBC studios to protest the pro-war media
bias prevalent in Sunday morning talk shows. They then
proceeded to smash the sets, under a banner that
screamed, “Dismantle Weapons of Mass Deception.”

One television smasher, Noah Hypocrisy, told
reporters that he was fed-up with the invasion of
the military-industrial-media complex in his life,
especially in light of the impending war on Iraq:
“In the United States and other Western powers,
the corporate-owned media depend on the military
for information, accepting what military officers
at the Pentagon or the White House spinners
offer as undeniable fact.”

“I’m not that gullible, and I’m mad as hell at what
I’m seeing on my television set!” Hypocrisy said,
in between hammer strokes with what seemed
to be a Titleist golf pitching wedge.

Another disenchanted viewer, Louisville Slugger
in hand, lamented the heavy political biases she
observes in the mainstream media: “In 2001, NBC
Nightly News, ABC World News Tonight, and CBS
Evening News interviewed U.S. sources who were
92% white, 85% male, and 75% Republican,”
cried Ceci Truth. “How objective is that?!!!”

Timed for the taping of NBC’s Sunday morning talk
show “Meet the Press,” Meet the People barricaded
the Nebraska Avenue entrance to the studios with
a motley collection of their former television sets.
Video of the dismantling will be available today at
http://www.dc.indymedia.org .

The People were determined that this was only the
start.

“We won’t stop here, and we encourage other
thinking people to do similar actions. If the war on
Iraq begins, we aren’t going to sit stupidly in our
living rooms and accept the lies the corporate media
try to feed us.”

“We plan to seek out other weapons of mass
deception: newspaper, radio, and other television
studios. As their propaganda tries to drown out the truth,
our level of disgust and resistance will escalate!”

http://dc.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=53342&group=webcast

=====
LMNOP
http://lmno4p.org