HTTP://WWW.STOPNATO.COM
---------------------------

http://www.makfax.com.mk/#_tools/article/95685/view

Makfax
December 14, 2009

ARM troops receive commendation medals for service in Iraq

-US Rear Admiral William Brown, Director of European Command Logistics, said
operations abroad show the world that Macedonia is capable, prepared and
committed to Euro-Atlantic integration.
-"Our contribution sets a concrete example of reforms and it demonstrates
Macedonia's preparedness for NATO membership...."

Skopje: Commendation medals of the US Army were handed over to 31 Macedonian
Army Troops that served in operation Iraqi Freedom.
Four soldiers received achievement medals on Monday, and 27 other received
commendation medals. The awarded soldiers are part of the ARM Special
Operations Regiment. The officials attending the ceremony at ARM Center in
Skopje praised Macedonia's contribution to the Iraqi Freedom mission.

US Rear Admiral William Brown, Director of European Command Logistics, said
operations abroad show the world that Macedonia is capable, prepared and
committed to Euro-Atlantic integration. Macedonia is a key member of the
Adriatic Group and plays an important role in the enlargement program in the
region. Macedonia is still a regional leader in promoting the Balkan's peace
and stability

As the medal awarding ceremony pays tribute to courageous men and women who
served in the operation Iraqi Freedom, it should be remembered that Macedonia
continues to support the peacekeeping operations in Afghanistan, Lebanon and
Bosnia-Herzegovina with persistent success, said Thomas Navratil, Deputy Chief
of Mission of the US Embassy in Skopje.

Macedonian officials attending the ceremony stressed that commendations for
Macedonian army troops confirm the army's preparedness and compatibility with
the leading powers.

"Our contribution sets a concrete example of reforms and it demonstrates
Macedonia's preparedness for NATO membership. We don't demand to be awarded but
to be justly assessed. NATO membership is still our strategic goal," Macedonian
Defense Minister Zoran Konjanovski said.

ARM troops have been part of the peacekeeping efforts in Iraq for more than
five years. Macedonian troops are currently serving the 11th rotation since the
start of its participation in 2003.
or
stopnato-subscr...@yahoogroups.com

Daily digest option available.