HTTP://WWW.STOPNATO.COM
---------------------------

http://www.kfyrtv.com/News_Stories.asp?news=37468

KFFR TV
February 1, 2010

Global Strike Command Ready
Jennifer Schwan

-This is the first time in nearly 30 years, a new major command has been
created in the U.S. Air Force.

Monday was a historic day at Minot Air Force Base as the B-52 Bombers stationed
here are now under a new command.

The bombers who were under the Air Combat Command, are now being led by the
Global Strike Command. They join the base`s missile wing who switched over in
December.

The mission of the Global Strike Command is to develop and provide combat ready
forces for nuclear deterrance and to make the global strike mission safe,
secure and credible. This is the first time in nearly 30 years, a new major
command has been created in the U.S. Air Force.

"We are building this command from the ground up. We have a great opportunity
to make sure that we can get everything right," says Lt. Gen. Frank Klotz, Air
Force Global Strike Commander.

Lt. Gen. Klotz also visited Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana and Whiteman
Air Force Base in Missiouri Monday as their bombers also switched to global
strike. Minot Air Force Base is the only base in the Air Force with both bomber
and missile wings.
or
stopnato-subscr...@yahoogroups.com

Daily digest option available.