http://www.azertag.com/index_en.html

Azertag
February 8, 2010

AZERBAIJAN HAS LEGAL RIGHT TO DEFEND ITSELF BY ANY MEANS, PRESIDENT

-"Azerbaijan`s occupied territories and Nagorno-Karabakh itself are our
internationally recognized lands. And any event which happens there must be
considered Azerbaijan`s internal affair, and not an international conflict."

Baku: Azerbaijan has the legal right, in accordance with the UN Charter, to use
any means in order to defend itself, President Ilham Aliyev told Euronews.

Commenting on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, the Azerbaijani
leader said "nobody wants war in the region".

"The fact we are in talks and have constructive position as well as our
supporting the Minsk group`s mediating efforts proves our intentions."
The President said: “But the war is not yet over. We support peaceful
negotiations. At the same time we must not forget that Armenia`s armed forces
invaded our territories. We`ve never had any territorial claims against anyone.