http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=top-nato-commander-implies-more-turkish-forces-2010-02-10

Hurriyet Daily News
February 10, 2010

Top NATO commander seeks more Turkish forces for Afghanistan
FULYA OZERKAN

-Asked what the U.S. would do if a more powerful country would drop bombs on it
like the U.S. did on Afghanistan, McChrystal said: “I believe that if a force
is there to help a country protect its own sovereignty then I would cooperate
with that force...."

Camp Dogan, KABUL: The top NATO commander in Afghanistan restates his request
for combat troops and praises Turkey’s role as he meets with Turkish
journalists visiting a Turkish military camp in the war-torn country. ‘Turkish
forces are exactly where I think they should be. I think all coalition forces
have learned a lot by emulating the way they operate in this environment,’ he
says.

Reaffirming America’s insistence for more combat troops, the top U.S. commander
in Afghanistan renewed his call Wednesday for more soldiers from Turkey and
other NATO allies....

“The request for forces that I make goes to NATO and I don’t ask for particular
countries, I just ask for good forces and I hope we get them,” U.S. Gen.
Stanley McChrystal, who is also the top NATO commander in Afghanistan, told a
group of Turkish journalists at Camp Dogan, one of the three Turkish bases in
Kabul.

“Coalition forces are going to increase, not just American forces...,” he said.
Asked what the U.S. would do if a more powerful country would drop bombs on it
like the U.S. did on Afghanistan, McChrystal said: “I believe that if a force
is there to help a country protect its own sovereignty then I would cooperate
with that force if it was a coalition like this. So I believe that if I thought
people were there to help me, my family, my countrymen, I would cooperate.”