The feature of having multiple certificates served on the same ip/port
is Server Name Indication (SNI) and the nsopenssl driver does not
support it.  As you said, getting that to work would require some rewiring.

However, I think the certificate described by Thorpe was a single
certificate that is valid for multiple domains - Service Alternate Name
(SAN), somewhat similar to a wildcard cert.  Since it's just one
certificate, it doesn't need multiple different ips/ports.  The downside
of a SAN cert is that if any of the hosts changes, the whole cert needs
to be reissued, versus with SNI each host has its own cert.

So since it's just one certificate, I think that also means it doesn't
need multiple contexts to be set up.  Just set up the single context
with the SAN certificate, and set up the virtual servers as you would
for a non-ssl setup.

-J