Support Requests item #414372, was updated on 2001-04-06 12:31
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=203152&aid=414372&group_id=3152

Category: First-Time Startup
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I'm a student working on a project for class... the
project I chose was to get AOLserver up and running on
a Red Hat box, plus a few other things for later.
However, I'm having a problem starting and running
AOLserver. It would appear that I have installed and
configured it properly, as the nsd76 file does run.
The problem is that it runs for a few seconds, and
then quits. I suppose that might mean it's not
actually running at all.

the command I'm running is (from root)
./bin/nsd -t ./config.tcl -u nobody

Then I view the processes, and it'll be there.. then
I'll view the processes again, and it will be gone
(this taking place over 2 or 3 seconds).

I get the same problem if I try to run it as or under
another user. What might be the problem? Even a place
to start looking would be helpful, as I'm still fairly
new to Linux.

Thanks in Advance,
-Plasticus