It looks like your server response does not have a valid HTTP response
because there are some characters missing or bits flipped in the
"HTTP/1.0 200 OK" line.  When your browser sees this, it appears to be
interpreting the entire response as an HTML or plain-text document,
which is why your (server response) headers are being displayed and
coming out next to each other.

So your theory about a bad network card might be right, or you could
have a serious OS or web server bug. munging the data on the way out.

Jim