Dossy wrote:

> On 2001.04.29, Mike Hoegeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > dossy, check out the C functions..
> >
> > Tcl_CreateTrace()
> > Tcl_DeleteTrace()
> >
> > they will allow you to trace tcl proc calls..
>
> Oh, kick ass!
>
> I think it's time I wrote the nsprofiler to do URL and proc-level
> profiling.  However, would anyone else find it useful?  ;-)

as another note.. you may want to rob code out of the bltDebug.c module
in the
blt tcl/tk extension. it uses the above functions to implement a
truss/strace like extension that let's you turn on/off truss-ing
of tcl calls via a tcl extension it's very handy sometimes for watching
where/how tcl is execution flowing. it would be nice to graft this into
the telemetry stuff in some way..

-mike