Thanks for the tip, I will try it on my NetBSD installation.  The one I have the big
log on is Win32 thought.  However, that problem is scheduled to be overcome by other
events.

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
(253) 798-3549
mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/05/01 10:38AM >>>
> Yikes!  My server.log is 250 MB!  However, access.log is rolling nicely.

I recommend running aolserver under daemontools (instead of inittab),
using the -f flag (foreground mode, with the server log going to
stderr), and using multilog (from the daemontools package) to write the
server log to disk.  With multilog, you say how many files of server log
to keep, and how to big let each file get.  It rolls the logs based on
size instead of time.  Thus you never have to worry about your server
log growing to 250 MB unless you meant to let it get that big.

http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html