I just compiled 4.0b1 straight from CVS and it seems to be running but I
can't get it to do virtual hosting, which, as I assume, it should do
out-of-the box without the need to do nsvhr->nsunix/nssock.

However, a naïve setup with one server master.mydomain.com running on
port 80 and other second.mydomain.com on 8001 didn't work. Explicit
second.mydomain.com:8001 works, but I was sort-of hoping that
second.mydomain.com will work as well with master.mydomain.com getting
the request and routing it appropriately. AFAIK it's not yet documented
anywhere how it's supposed to work so maybe someone on the list will
have an idea.