On Thursday 20 September 2001 12:07 pm, Lamar Owen wrote:
> In my current circumstance, I'd be running multiple nsd's under 3.x. A
> single 2.3.3 nsd handles, oh, about 15 IP addresses here, for our hosted
> sites as well as our internal sites.  We're not large enough to dedicate

Incomplete thought, there.  The thought should have been:
We're not large enough to dedicate a whole server machine to each hosted site
or pairs/quads of sites.  And AS 2.3.3 on a PPro 200 with 64MB can handle
15-20 virtual servers on a T1 with aplomb.  We did upgrade the hardware to an
AMD K6-2/500 w/ 256MB earlier this year -- and it just sits and runs happily.

And the Nimda menace didn't cause any problems -- even though we got hit
800,000 times thus far across our hosts.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio