Hi

I would like to run a tcl script from within aolserver that requires
some commands from the tcl http package. When running the script
standalone with tclsh, I can use

package require http

but from within aolserver that returns the error: "can't find package
http"

There are two versions of http.tcl in the aolserver distribution:
lib/tcl8.3/http1.0/http.tcl and lib/tcl8.3/http2.3/http.tcl, and I
have two questions related to these:

How can I make them available to my script? Is this (from sometime
earlier on this list) the right way?

  global tcl_version tcl_pkgPath tcl_library tcl_platform auto_path
  set tcl_pkgPath            /usr/lib
  set tcl_library            [file join $tcl_pkgPath tcl${tcl_version}]
  set tcl_platform(platform) "unix"
  set auto_path              [list /usr/lib/tcl8.3 /usr/lib]
  source [file join $tcl_library init.tcl]
  source [file join $tcl_library package.tcl]

(If yes the absolute paths above would of course have to be replaced
with something that points to the aolserver installation)

Are these http.tcl libraries likely to be included in future aolserver
versions, so that I can package my script and rely on them being
available?

tia, Tilmann