Im curious why you dont just set minthreads = maxthreads at startup to reduce load.

>This server does not accumulate any data in ns_shares, so I'm trying
>to figure out if this 45MB memory growth is reasonable for adding 6
>additional threads. It doesn't seem reasonable. Anyone have
>suggestions for tracking down what's happening?

Remember that the 6 threads may not represent all threads that have been started/died off. If like you said in previous post you have maxthreads = ~ 40 then 2 MB per thread does not seem unreasonable to me for a production server. Remember also that once allocated that memory may be later reused in the zippy alloc method. So even if your memory is showing 85 MB that may be what peak was but may not grow much larger if peak activity has been hit.

Best Regards,

Carl Garland