Hi Dossy,

It appears that I've found the problem. As I said previously, the original
database was using US7ASCII, and the new database is using UTF8.
Users who were using the online ACS forms to upload data were importing text
formatted by Microsoft Word, which placed smart tags in the text as well,
changing the character encoding in parts from pure US7ASCII to LATIN1, I
think.
In any case, we were just lucky with the original database that the data was
not being displayed with funny characters by most browsers. But obviously
this editorial flaw has been exposed by the new database charset.

Kind Regards,

Gabriel