Scott,

I just discovered last night that there are still experiencing some problems
with large files in nsopenssl-2.1a4. One of our page developers decided
they really needed a 32994 byte javascript for a menu system (shakes head).
Anyway, when I transfer the file, it gets a little scrambled. At byte 32000,
extra random data is inserted. Last night I was get back a file that was
almost 42Kbytes. This morning I'm only getting an extra 100 or so bytes.

I'm running with AOLserver 3.3+arsdigita patches on Solaris 8.

Keith

|Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:57:33 -0500
|From: Scott Goodwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
|
|I don't think it's an OS problem, I think it was an SSL looping problem.
|It's fixed in my latest alpha, but I'm going to be extremely busy between
|now and the 21st on a project here at work, so I won't be doing an official
|release until after that.
|
|The alpha copy is attached; it's essentially production-ready (I'm sending
|a copy directly to you as the listserv will strip the attachment -- if
|anyone else wants this copy, let me know).
|

|Test with this and tell me if it fixes the problem you're experiencing.
|
|/s.
|

|> Is anyone else using nsopenssl on NetBSD?  I have a wierd problem that I
|think is OS specific.  The client receives the first 16K of data, and
|nothing more.  Usually.  Sometimes repeatedly hitting Reload will result in
|the whole page coming over.
|>
|> It happens with nsopenssl 1.0 and 2.0
|> It happens with database served pages (nspostgres) and static text files
|> It happens on the LAN and across the internet.
|> It happens on the local machine.
|> It happens with aolserver 3.4 and 3.4.2
|> It happens with Internet Exploiter 5.5 and Netscape (unknown version,
|it's at home)
|> It happens on Windows clients and NetBSD clients and Linux clients.
|>
|> NetBSD is 1.5.2 on i386.
|>
|> I thought nsopenssl was closing the connection too soon but it appears
|not to be.
|>
|> I did some squirrely things when compiling openssl to get it to work, for
|example compiling it with -threads -D_REENTRANT.  NetBSD does not support
|threads natively and I didn't tell openssl anything else about threads, so
|I don't know what this did, but it did let me get nsopenssl up and seeming
|to work. nsopenssl was compiled like aolserver, with PTL (Portable Thread
|Library) .
|>
|> Thanks in advance for any ideas...
|>

|> Ian A. Harding
|> Programmer/Analyst II
|> Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
|> (253) 798-3549
|> mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

------
Keith Paskett                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Space Dynamics Laboratory            PGP or GPG encrypted mail preferred
1695 North Research Parkway          435-797-4195
Logan, Utah 84341